Hey /tech/ I've been working on a chan with a relatively modern UI/UX as a side project. I thought about adding this to an existing thread but didn't want to shit them up.
I have several goals:
1. Modern UX/UI - I wanted to give the chan/imageboard a modern makeover using modern HTML/CSS, yes, with rounded buttons etc.
2. Code Quality - I'm not a nazi about code quality on hobby projects like imageboards, but imposing some sort of basic framework or structure would still be a vast improvement over vichan style imageboards which are mostly structureless spaghetti code balls. Statically typed languages also help with this.
3. Spam Filtering - some sort of pre-emptive validation or spam filter, possibly using basic classifier algorithm, to help moderate the board.
Things that are done:
- Basic posting (threads, replies)
- Catalog View
- Support for images (jpeg, png ,etc.)
- Catalog Pruning (delete last threads on catalog after X threads)
- Links (double carrot style links to other posts and OP)Post too long. Click here to view the full text.